About: Robert W. Butler
- For 40 years I reviewed films for the Kansas City Star. Got laid off thanks to the economy. Did it stop me? Naaaaaaaaaaaah. Read on. And tell your friends.
Posts by Robert W. Butler:
March 6, 2014 “STRANGER BY THE LAKE”:
March 6, 2014 “JIMMY P.”: A Troubled Mind
March 6, 2014 “ADULT WORLD”: That sucking sound
March 2, 2014 HOLLYWOOD’s GREATEST YEAR: “DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK”
February 23, 2014 HOLLYWOOD’s GREATEST YEAR: “DODGE CITY”
February 16, 2014 HOLLYWOOD’s GREATEST YEAR: “GULLIVER’s TRAVELS”
February 13, 2014 “GLORIA”: The second time around
February 9, 2014 “HOLLYWOOD’s GREATEST YEAR: “Wuthering Heights”
February 6, 2014 “MONUMENTS MEN”: Edge-less intrigue
February 2, 2014 HOLLYWOOD’s GREATEST YEAR: “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”
Movie Quote:“I don't see any money here." Nightclub owner Bud Grossman evaluating the title character's folk act in "Inside Llewyn Davis."
- Am I the only person on Earth who gets all misty toward the end of "Revenge of the Nerds"? 1 day ago
- MONUMENTS MEN: Clooney's edgeless epic. wp.me/p1zpN0-1Y4 3 weeks ago
- Oscar-nominated documentary shorts. wp.me/p1zpN0-1Xl 1 month ago
- Oscar nominated live-action shorts. wp.me/p1zpN0-1Xx 1 month ago
- This year's Oscar-nominated animated shorts. wp.me/p1zpN0-1Xd 1 month ago
Movie Quote"Life is ridiculous. And you know that I would never say anything bad about your father in front of you, but your father is a sick son-of-a bitch." Rosalyn Rosenfeld (Jennifer Lawrence) to her young son in "American Hustle."
SILVER LININGS PLAYGOOK 1:00 3-7 Westport Library
HUD 2:00 3-7 Waldo Branch
DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK 1:30 3-8 Kansas City Central Library
THE GRAPES OF WRATH 1:30 3-9 Plaza Library
HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE 6:00 KCK West Wyandotte Library
JESSE JAMES 1:30 3-15 KC Central Library
SLAVERY BY ANOTHER NAME 2:00 3-15 Plaza Library
A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM
6:30 3-19 KC Central Library
FROZEN 6:30 3-20 KCK West Wyandotte Library
UNION PACIFIC 1:30 3-22 KC Central Library
WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 6:30 3-25 KCK West Wyandotte Library
THE BOOK THIEF 6:30 3-27 KCK West Wyandotte Library
DESTRY RIDES AGAIN 1:30 3-29 KC Central Library
DESTINATION: PLANET NEGRO 2:00 3-30 Bluford Library
LES MISERABLES 1:00 4-11 Westport Library
THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE 1:30 3-27 Plaza Library
MOVIE QUOTE"Young man, if it is your wish to handle ladies' undergarments, I suggest you take employment in a launderette." Mary Poppins creator P.L. Travers (Emma Thompson) to a hotel porter who has offered to unpack her bags.
Movie quote:"My name is Jordan Belfort. The year I turned 26, I made 49 million dollars which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week." Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio) in "The Wolf of Wall Street."
Movie Quote“Life is about courage and going into the unknown." Cheryl (Kristen Wiig) in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty."
- 266,313 hits
Gone but not forgotten
- " Ewan McGregor " Jon Favreau " Kyle Chandler "Tree of Life Algeria aliens Anne Meara Antarctica Benedict Cumberbatch bradley cooper Brad Pitt Bryan Cranston Buck Brannaman Carey Mulligan chess Christopher Plummer Cindy Meehl clint eastwood Daniel Craig Dominic Cooper Doris Roberts Dustin Hoffman ed helms Elle Fanning Emma Stone Emma Watson Ernest Borgnine Gary Oldman gay film George Clooney Harrison Ford henry fonda horses Israel James McAvoy Jennifer Lawrence Jessica Chastain Jim Carrey John Goodman John Hawkes johnny depp Jonah Hill journalism Jude Law Julianne Moore Kenneth Branagh Malin Akerman Marisa Tomei Mark Wahlberg Marvel Matt Damon Mel Gibson Melissa Leo Mia Wasikowska michael caine Michael Fassbender michelle williams Naomie Harris Owen Wilson paul dano Piper Laurie Quentin Tarantino Rachel McAdams Ray Romano Robert Redford Rooney Mara Rutger Hauer Ryan Gosling Seth Rogen Steve Carell Steve Coogan Terrence Malick Tom Hanks Woody Allen world war ii